Max Rostal, Monique Haas
Maurice Ravel, Marcel Mihalovici
Sonatas for Violin and Piano (LP), 138 016 SPLM
● From the original analogue master tapes of Universal Music.
● Audiophile analogue mastering by Rainer Maillard
● Cutting at Emil Berliner Studios
● 180g audiophile virgin vinyl
Recording : Studio Blankenese, Luxo-Kino, Hannover , Beethoven Saal, 5-7 Oct, 1958
Tonmeister : Heinz Wildhagen
Our Best thanks are due to D.G.G. for giving us all an opportunity, through this excellent perfor-mance, of evaluating the work (Ravel Sonata) for ourselves… (it) is brilliantly played here, with all the requisite lightness and delicacy. The entire performance is first-rate. Max Rostal and Monique Haas (the composer’s wife) make light of the work (Mihalovici Sonata)’s formidable difficulties… and the recording is superlative.
– The Gramophone Magazine
* Originally Released on 1959 / 138 016 SPLM (stereo)